I’ve been working on a training for parents who are primarily Spanish speakers so I’ve been looking for materials available in Spanish. I hit the jackpot when I translated my search terms into Spanish. I thought you might be interested in my Spanish Resource List.
Free Resources in Spanish Specific to Youth with Disabilities
- Guide to teaching human sexuality http://www.asturias.es/Asturias/descargas/PDF%20DE%20TEMAS/Asuntos%20Sociales/guia%20de%20educacion%20sexual%20y%20discapacidad.pdf
- Guide and curriculum for teaching human sexuality http://www.unfpa.org.uy/userfiles/publications/62_file1.pdf
- Guide and curriculum http://invisibles.org.ar/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/200810081657070educacionsexual.pdf
- Website with information, movies about sexuality and disability, and advocacy information http://sexualidadespecial.blogspot.com
- Website and video http://www.educagenero.org/discapacidad.html
- Spanish only article: http://www3.usal.es/~inico/actividades/actasuruguay2001/9.pdf (Link to the article, Educación sexual y discapacidad).
- Curriculum (also available in English) https://asdsexed.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/free-curriculum-educator-version-teacher-version-spanish-version-9/
Books in Spanish and English Specific to Youth with Disabilities
- “The Rules of Sex: For Those Who Have Never Been Told” by Nora Baladerian in English or Spanish for $25.00 ($17.00 pdf download) http://www.norabaladerian.com/contents/rules-of-sex-spanish.htm (takes you to the Spanish version of the table of contents) http://www.norabaladerian.com/books.htm (takes you to the order page).
- “Period: A Girl’s Guide” is written for young women to explain menstruation http://www.amazon.com/Periodo-Period-Spanish-Language-Edition/dp/091677399X (takes you to the amazon page for the Spanish language version of the book). The book is $10 plus shipping and handeling.
Free Parent Resources in Spanish and English not Specific to Youth with Disabilities
- Newsletters with developmental messages (in English and Spanish) http://www.siecus.org/index.cfmfuseaction=page.viewPage&pageID=632&nodeID=1
- A recourse guide for talking about difficult topics including sexuality (in English and Spanish) http://www.childrennow.org/index.php/learn/twk_sex
- Information http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/component/customproperties/tag?tagId=45 (link takes you to their Spanish language articles)
- Information http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ (just Click the option for the Spanish version of the site)